Featured

Although we have been happy so far with our Legend Bayshore pontoon boat as it is going into its fourth summer, I cannot say the same about the full enclosure we bought with it nor the registration numbers we paid extra to have put on.The canvas that the cover is made from is fine, the seams however are not.

The stitching is coming out and turns to powder if you roll the thread between your fingers. We have to get our WHOLE cover re-stitched at our expense. The canvas shop we are using says it appears that indoor thread was used or else it was of very poor quality to begin with. Our registration numbers are peeling off and curling towards the middle.

When contacted, Legend's head office referred us to the Innisfil location. They were sympathetic but said it was all due to UV rays and it wasn't under warranty. Well DUH ...It's a boat! Boats are most likely to be in full sun when they are in the water!

I have never has boat numbers peel off any other boat. One of ours is 30 years old and sits in full sun! I am shocked that Legend would cut corners in this fashion. Their products are not cheap.

Legend promotes itself as proud to produce a Made in Canada product. If better thread and better decals cost a little more, we would have willingly paid it to get quality products. This experience makes me wonder where else they may have cut corners? The seats??

The welding???The quality of the aluminum??

Had an Experience with Legend Boats?

Comments